Jeffrey M. Sweett, CRA, CRP
Certified Residential Appraiser with over 12 years of experience in the field, highly organized and motivated individual with strong work ethics. Real estate appraising experience specializing in the field of single-family and multi-family properties for sale, purchase, mortgage financing, estate, divorce settlement and other purposes with completion of over 7,500 appraisals to date and 500 Depreciation Reports. Commended by my peers on the quality and timeliness of my appraisal reports. Possess excellent knowledge of the appraisal business in all facets of the industry. Work well as a team member and/or on an individual basis. Reliable, honest and professional in all aspects. Responsible for assisting in overseeing daily operations, managing workflow and valuations of residential real estate assignments. Good customer service orientation, time management and computer competencies. Well-versed in scheduling assignments, consistent in meeting deadlines while maintaining a high level of professionalism.
SKILLS & QUALIFICATIONS:
• Property Market Valuations, Market Trends
• Strong Client/Vendor Relations
• Good computer skills with a high WPM
• Good knowledge of various appraisal software programs
• Consistent upgrading of appraisal knowledge via webinars and professional courses
• Good knowledge of Vancouver Island including the Golf Islands
• Have access to over 90,000 files for reference
• Quick learner and adapt to change easily
EDUCATION & CERTIFICATES:
Langara College – Real Estate Division, Vancouver BC
Appraisal Institute of Canada, Winnipeg, MB – CRA Designation
Real Estate Institute of Canada, Vancouver, BC – CRP Designation
• Member of the Real Estate Institute of Canada – in good standing
• Member of the Appraisal Institute of Canada – in good standing
• Member of the CHOA – The Condominium Home Owners Association of BC – Business Member
• Member of VISOA – Vancouver Island Strata Owners Association – Business Member
RELEVANT WORK EXPERIENCE:
Vancouver Island Appraisals Ltd.
2016 to present
Nanaimo, BC (Owner)
Certified Residential Appraiser (CRA)
Certified Reserve Planner (CRP)
Owner/Operator – working as a real estate appraiser, completing appraisal assignments in a professional and timely manner and specializing in all aspects of the real estate appraisal business from single-family, land appraisals, new construction and multi-family. Completion of appraisal reports for various banks, credit unions, realtors, mortgage companies, mortgage brokers, appraisal management companies, lawyers and private individuals. Responsible for the day-to-day operations including liaison with clients/vendors etc., assignment of appraisal work, managing staff and other related office duties. Responsible for maintaining a high level of integrity, honesty and professionalism to ensure our clients receive the best possible service and quality of work in a timely manner.
Pacific Rim Appraisals Ltd.
2004 to 2016
Candidate Appraiser (2004-2010)
Certified Residential Appraiser (2010 to 2016)
Certified Reserve Planner (2013 to 2016)
Real estate appraiser with this appraisal firm specializing in all aspects of the real estate appraisal business with three offices located in Victoria, Nanaimo and Richmond, BC. Initially joined the firm as a Candidate Appraiser and worked towards upgrading and receiving my designation of Certified Residential Appraiser, CRA. Received my Certified Reserve Planner designation in 2013 which allowed me to complete depreciation report for stratas within all of British Columbia. During my work experience with this company, I have completed over 7,500 appraisals ranging from single-family and multi-family properties for the purposes of market valuations, legal litigations, estates, mortgage financing, purchasing and selling etc. Completion of appraisal reports for various banks, credit unions, realtors, mortgage companies, mortgage brokers, appraisal management companies, lawyers and private individuals. Responsible for managing office, staff and contract appraisers during principal’s absence, duties included liaison with clients, assignment of appraisal orders, management of computer programs and all other aspects of the office including completing my own appraisal assignments.
Responsible for scheduling inspection, inventory creation, measuring and inspection of all aspects of strata buildings for the purpose of completing a deprecation report. Liaison with the strata council, strata management firms and owners of large strata buildings to discuss the depreciation reports outlining their requirements for contributions to the reserve funds etc.
Tess Contracting Ltd.
2002 to 2004
Framing of houses, clean-up of sites, help with the prep of job site. Some supervision on junior employees.
REFERENCES UPON REQUEST
A.R. (Randy) Barnes AACI, P.App., RI(BC), Dipl. T. – (Retired)
Appraisal and Work Experience Synopsis
(1981 to date) Vancouver Island Appraisals Ltd.
Company Owner and Senior Appraiser
- appraising and consulting on most types of real estate for private parties, all levels of government, most lending institutions, brokerage firms and corporations for purchase, sale, mortgage, lending, rights-of-way, assessment appeals, expropriation
(1976 – 1981) BC Assessment Authority – Nanaimo
- appraisal of residential, commercial and multiple residential properties for assessment purposes using cost, market and income approaches. Prepared and defended appraisals in Courts of Revision and Assessment Appeal Boards
(1975) BC Hydro & Power Authority – Vancouver
- appraisal specialist assigned to Land Development Department. Appraised specific and special properties owned and/or to be acquired by B.C. Hydro
(1973 – 1975) Cunningham & Rivard Appraisals Ltd. – Vancouver
- appraisal specialist assigned to contract appraisal work (residential and commercial) with various municipalities on the Lower Mainland and Vancouver Island including District of North Vancouver, Town of Powell River, Town of Comox and City of Nanaimo
Appraisal Institute of Canada
- AACI Designation (May 19, 1986)
Certificate No. 2411
Real Estate Institute of BC
- RI(BC) Designation (September 14, 1977)
Certificate No. 1418
University of BC
- Appraisal Diploma (1978)
B.C. Institute of Technology
- Business Management Diploma (Hons) 1973
Former Program Chairman – Nanaimo Chapter Appraisal Institute of Canada
Former Member Experience Rating Committee – Nanaimo Chapter Appraisal Institute of Canada